Search This Blog

Thursday, July 7, 2011

He's Not That Bad...

When writing this blog, I do a lot of venting. Some of you may read the words I say when things between Neil and I are at their worst and get worried. Don't worry. My husband is a blessing from God and I love him to death. I know he loves me too. We just get into a lot of crap, like everyone else does. Anyway, today I talked to him about how I felt like he has "gotten used to me," and how I don't feel as appreciated as I did when we were first dating. This is a normal feeling since we're past the dating stage, but it's still good to keep romance alive even after you've been married for a long time. That way, when you have problems, you can remember the good things easier because they are recent.

After telling Neil how I felt, he did the sweetest thing. I was at my friend's house today in Springfield. He called me and told me that he "made me something" that he wanted to give to me when I got back. It was a card :) And it was really cute.

On the front of the card, he drew a door... and it says "If you're a special lady, come on inside..."

He wrote a poem inside. :)

I asked God to put a good woman in my life
To Him I truly pleaded
Instead of just giving me what I wanted
He gave me exactly what I needed.

"Brandy," He said. "She's the one I shall join to you.
You might not always see eye-to-eye, but with MY help
there is nothing your marriage can't do."

So I trust that the Lord knows what He's doing,
and wrote this poem for a woman in dire need of woo-ing.

I guess he's not that bad... and he's always telling me that my blog is lopsided on my perspective. I tend to only write when I'm frustrated with him or angry. But, just to show you all who read that my husband really is a good guy, I thought today I'd write a good blog about him.

Love you Neil.

No comments:

Post a Comment